Crunchy and delicious, this almond and banana bread is a great quick breakfast or 11am snack. It’s sugar and gluten free, but you can hardly tell as it tastes sooo nice! You can make it as sweet as you want by serving it with maple syrup. So let’s get it started!
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 45 min
- 180g almond flour
- 180g flaked almonds
- 2 eggs (whisked)
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 8-10 tbsp maple syrup
- 5 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Mash the bananas in a large bowl
- Mix in the eggs and add the vanilla extract, maple syrup and honey
- Mix in the almond flour, buckwheat flour and baking powder
- Add the almond flakes
- Mix everything until it forms a thick dough
- Grease a cake tin with coconut oil, add the mixture and leave it in the oven for 45 minutes at 180°C
- Stick a tooth pick in the middle of the banana bread and if it comes out clean, then it’s ready to serve.
Serve with maple syrup or on its own. Enjoy!